Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Electro-Prep Inc. – Wareham, MA
Electro-Prep, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to work in our Wareham MA facility. EPI manufactures custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, electromechanical assemblies / box-build, and other custom assemblies.
- Strengthen the EPI engineering department with design and technical support for our customers and all EPI departments.
- Incorporate growth and development concepts for automation to give EPI a competitive advantage.
- Quoting new customer requests
- Grow our lean manufacturing initiatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage a New Product Introduction (NPI) cell. This small group of manufacturing engineering techs develops manufacturing processes, build first articles, and oversee initial production runs to validate processes and labor time benchmarks.
- Responsible for development and verification of products, tooling, manufacturing processes, and labor times.
- Key support for failure analysis on all customer & product issues.
- Assist/support all departments BOM verification, component changes, and tooling.
- Conduct time studies and continuous process improvement activities; providing necessary feed-back regarding time efficiency, quoted time accuracy, and general variance from the established (quoted) times after jobs’ completion
- Involvement with design and implementation of work cells, flow, lines, and devices / fixtures for projects to maximize output, increase quality, and lower costs.
- Provide technical liaison between EPI and its customers & vendors. This may include telephone, email, or direct visitation for improved transfer of projects or resolving documentation, quality, or any other necessary issues.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent
- Must have 5 to 10 years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer with some managerial experience in wire / cable / electromechanical / box-build manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks / CAD /other
- Able to document processes through a visual means, utilizing digital pictures, screen shots, or SolidWorks isolation screen shots.
- Read schematics, ladder diagrams, and wire run lists.
- Implementation and support of a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment used in the manufacturing of wire harness / cable manufacturing.
- Experience with IPC-A- 610, IPC-A-620, J-STD-001, and ISO 9001:2015.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including a familiarity with MS Power Point / Excel / others.
- Perform other duties as requested or required
EPI is a growing contract manufacturing company with a large customer base
Electro Prep Inc offers a competitive benefits package including a company matching 401K program and Healthcare
Please submit cover letter and Resume to:
Electro-Prep, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Electro-Prep, Inc. strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.